vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
As vreihen16 says, I guess it's not a true CGM since it doesn't alert you. I too simply use my iPhone (there is Android too, I think) can't even remember where the scanner that came with it is.
It stores every-minute readings in the sensor, where it has an 8-hour buffer IIRC. As long as you scan the sensor before the buffer overflows, you don't lose data. The sensor can't send an instantaneous alert to high/low readings, since it isn't linked 24/7 to the meter or phone like a CGM.

The new (to the USA) FL2 *is* a CGM...but the iPhone app isn't approved by the FDA yet.

Quote:
I pay $75 for 2 sensors, 28 days.
My last bill was $69 for two sensors. Not bad, but you can see why I space out my sensor use to one per month or so to save the money.

Quote:
10 points, +/-. More as you get lower, like it might say 46 but a prick shows 60. At that point, all the really matters is I need sugar. . .
My doctor just wants me to keep it below 150 as much as possible. I rarely have low sugar events, and am not walking the fine line of a T1 patient. It works good enough in my T2 use case.....