Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
I'm currently looking for a Subaru on Cargurus, CarMax, and carvana. thinking about hitting a dealer to learn the differences between Forester, Outback, and Crosstrek, as well as the differences between all the packages, ie limited, or premium. need an AWD vehicle for dirt roads in Arizona as well as good gas mileage for the drive from SoCal out to there
Touring is the highest trim in the Subaru lineup (not counting special editions). That usually means more chrome or satin metallic trim on the exterior, nicer wheels etc, which IMHO really makes the car look decent, since styling isn't really their strong point and the standard trim looks really cheap with all the black, scratch and fade prone plastic IMHO. ALL trims come with EYESITE thankfully, which is HUGE considering more expensive cars charge extra for any level of autonomous driving aids. Touring comes with the nicer leather interior and features such as moonroof, heated seats/steering wheel, stereo etc. For me, Touring is a must because Subarus aren't luxury cars, they can get really cheap inside and out, which is good for those on a budget, but not so much if you want a better than below average driving experience.

The Ascent was going to be our next car before we went with the VW Atlas. It has more room, 3 rows, and a more powerful engine than the rest of the lineup. All the Subaru SUVs have the same 8.7in ground clearance but the Forrester has the best approach angle afaik.

Personally, I like the shape and interior of the Outback the best of the bunch, but it just doesn't have the cargo layout that I want that the Forrester and Ascent has. We did a good amount of light offroading including some hairy river crossings in our Forrester, but it's not going to do any rock climbing or anything crazy like that. Some gravel and light mud, it does great.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0