View Single Post
      04-28-2021, 02:09 PM   #29
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
@Vivek. Thanks. How did you decide on the prices?
Basically just comparing prices of similar cars on the market. For the civic I saw people asking mid-high 5's for the previous gen with similar mileage. I started at 5 which was the top of KBB. I've dropped it lower and lower now its at 3750 and a nice family came to check it out last night (first test drive), they loved it thought it drove great and was super clean for the age/mileage. They'll let me know after they see another car today in about an hour. The reality is a friend in socal is willing to pay 3.2k so anything below 3.5 or so I'd just give it to him rather than some random lowballer throwing shit at a wall to see what sticks (I've gotten a few 2800 offers and at that point, its just too clean for the price range. I could spend 200 bucks and fix the AC myself and it'd be a great beater for the next 10 years).

Clapped out IS's with salvage titles and 100k+ are asking 17-18k. With everything mine has going for it I felt a ~20% premium is more than fair. I built/maintained this car without any intentions of selling it and I'm asking maybe a thousand bucks more than the same car in average condition that'll need $2-3k right off the bat.
2013 335is Mineral/Coral - DR 6466 - DR Mani - PI - Motiv FF - Dodson Clutches - OEM CF Roof - M3 GTS DCT/LSD/DS/Halfshafts/Suspension/Subframe/Brakes/Chassis Bracing F+R - DEFIV Diff Brace - 437M/R888R
2015 X5 35D - 1990 535i [RIP] - 1992 318i Convertible - 2002 540i/6
Appreciate 0