View Single Post
      01-13-2022, 11:23 AM   #58
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
I wouldn't mind an EV, that being said, I would only want an EV as either a luxury car or commuter. I'm just not into an EV replacing a sporty car or proper sports car. My daily may not be the smallest or sportiest car, but even still its super fun in the canyons and I love to rev out the engine. Even the Taycan Turbo I drove, which is gorgeous, handles great, and super fast, just doesn't do it for me as it lacks elements that I like such as a proper exhaust/engine to rev, a transmission to change gears (auto or manual) and just the feeling of engagement, with the biggest issue being that its priced like an M5 or E63S which has all those aspects I do love.

I think its best suited as an S-Class/7er type of vehicle, something quiet, smooth, and oppulent. So a Lucid would be awesome, but not ready to trust a new company yet. They will also be great in replacing some commuters as it will get rid of the buzzy engines and laggy powertrains and add refinement. The problem is that EV's simply are not cheap enough to be commuters yet, they are still pretty much luxury cars, even the mainstream company EV's like Ford and Hyundai are not cheap.

So I could see myself in an EV, but not yet really.
The upcoming Ioniq 6 sedan could be interesting, or its Genesis counterpart (if they make one).
Appreciate 0