11-04-2020, 01:20 PM   #2642
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Sound advice. I'll start throwing in 15 minutes of cardio at the end of my sessions for a week/week and a half. It's not that I've accumulated a lot of weight, I just know that I'll be putting more on over the next few months in addition to my newly found (again) fat.

I'm sure neither of us are in any kind of danger of someone pointing out that one muscle is bigger than the other. Recently I have started touching the muscle (when possible) I'm working when lifting. Also tend to turn my head and look at the muscle to create that mind/muscle connection. It seems to be working, but hell what do I know.
The mind/muscle connection is more difficult as first just because you are working with less muscle. As you start to put more on it becomes essential (in my opinion). Goal is to focus on the contraction/extension of the muscle group being worked through the entire movement. You'll notice as you progress that there are numerous areas in one muscle group that you can focus more on (because you have developed them contrary to where you have started). It becomes more difficult when you start throwing in barbell lifts as you are working numerous muscle groups in a single movements - I find this especially to be the case with shoulder presses. It just takes some time to get the hang of. Best way to lift in my opinion because it also reduces the risk of injury due to constant focus.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00