07-28-2020, 08:36 AM   #2407
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
My gym only requires masks when entering or exiting the building. When you're working out on the floor, it's optional. They added this machine that is supposed to be scrubbing the air called AirPHX. When standing near it, the air smells of ozone/when a copier is running. Really not sure how effective it is as the box and the fan in the unit are relatively small compared to the air space it's working in.

It seems people are starting to get either comfortable with being at the gym or just fed up as I'm noticing more and more people in there now. Still not up to pre virus levels but certainly getting more packed.

On the eating front, I've always been able to lean down easily. It's bulking up that is major work for me. I swear I have to intake twice the calories of a normal person just to achieve the same results. Lately, I've felt a little bloated/gassy. Not sure if it's the dairy I've been taking in as I'm lactose intolerant. But it has me wondering if there is something more sinister going on. The symptoms are similar to those I had prior to my initial cancer diagnosis.
Interested if that air purifier even does anything. Especially if you're in a large gym, doubt it can cover the entire area.

I'm fine with the mask, I understand the reasoning, but it is just a little annoying. Our requires the mask at all times, only during cardio is it a real pain in the ass.

Lactose can definitely do that, it's the same on my end I limit the amount of milk/yogurt I intake for that exact reason. For majority of my life I was the opposite, I can always put on lbs unfortunately. Over the last few years I've really dialed in how my body reacts, so I know how to lean out now. With that said I can't comment on the cancer symptoms, hopefully it is nothing linked to that man.
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5149.50