Thread: Apple iPhone 12
View Single Post
      11-24-2020, 11:58 PM   #108
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Forgot to update here - I got the 12 mini, in blue, 256gb.

Loving the size, speed, everything - it's a massive upgrade from my 6S.

First thing I did was hit the beach to try and catch a good pic of the sunset. Unfortunately...I noticed a fat lens reflection that was annoying the hell out of me. So I snapped a few anyway, contacted Apple, their rep immediately authorized a replacement phone, I thought ok cool maybe one of the multiple lenses just got knocked a bit loose or something.

Made an appt at the Apple store, it took a week to get an appt but they did replace the phone. However, during the replacement process, one of the techs got curious enough to ask for the pics so I showed him. He just looked at me and goes "uhhhhh...we'll finish the replacement because it's already authorized and processed, but I can tell you from experience that that's normal and will happen again with this new phone. It's due to the multiple layered lenses, no way around it - can't point directly at a light or you'll get that. You have to just do your best to edit it out / around it afterwards." He had a 12 mini as well.

Sure enough, got the new phone set up, tested the camera....reflections.

So, while there is a plethora of new things to get used to and try out with regard to the OS and camera tools and editing suite...I guess you have to be careful of reflections and such. Also, there's already a couple big software updates out for problems specifically with the mini. I'm hoping future software updates take care of the big green laser dot lens reflection I keep getting...
Appreciate 0