07-24-2021, 07:37 AM   #16
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Mazda is doing some really good things, it's a shame that they aren't selling like they should be. My wife went from a CX-9 to the Atlas and aside from the extra cargo room, it was a turd. We regretted getting the Atlas almost immediately. She is happy in the Q7 now (obviously it's on the better end of the VAG spectrum).
Agree with Mazda. Three years ago a good friend was in the market to replace her 2003 POS Subaru Forester. She was going to replace it with another Forester. I talked her into a real car by suggesting the 2018 CX-5. She asked me why switch to a Mazda, and I simply said, "Because Mazda is the BMW of the Japanese car industry". Being she had bought her son a very ragged out E46 (at 270,000 miles) several years prior and loved the way the E46 drove, she never doubted my suggestion. She literally leased the CX-5 sight unseen (other than looking at it on the internet). I set the lease up at the dealer, she came in later and signed the paperwork. She now has since bought the CX-5 and is sitting on $10K in equity.

The interior/exterior styling and build quality the Mazda gives at the price point is simply the best in class.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25083.00
Burrcold5279.00