Thread: TruGreen
View Single Post
      05-08-2021, 09:46 AM   #18
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
To be clear, I am not trying to make a buck on any of this, I just want my yard back and wash my hands of these fools. I do not want to sue - I simply do not have the time. The SOLE reason I went with TruGreen was because I needed some time back - this has really added to my frustration as I have spent more time chasing a phone call than I would have just continuing my own service as I have for years.

I've had multiple people tell me my yard was over-fertilized. I'm an engineer, not a botanist. I don't know enough about it, but every third party that has given an opinion on it has told me it has been over-fertilized. A friend of mine used TruGreen in Georgia with a similar outcome as mine, albeit not nearly as widespread, but he got people to return his phone calls and they caught it early.

My yard was full sod in 2016, and with the $/pallet and its given coverage over the area I need redone, I'm ~$7k-$8k in sod alone with local prices I've gotten. Doesn't factor in an labor, debris haul off, increase to water bill... So I don't think I'm far off on my estimate, but by all means, if it costs $500 or $50,000 to get this done I don't care - I just want my yard back. If that can be achieved quickly, safely, and completely with seed, I’m on board. I just can’t be looking at a half ass yard six months from now.

Not sure why I should expect to pay for a service, get destroyed, and then get plugs and/or seed to wait even longer to get this back to a baseline instead of sod to make whole. To add to it, I've got HOA up my ass and I'm working on a new job that has me relocating to a different state. I couldn't remotely list my home in its current state, and I've been chasing resolution for months without any traction.

Last edited by spazzyfry123; 05-08-2021 at 09:53 AM..
Appreciate 1
Buug95917426.00