05-07-2021, 03:00 PM   #6
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
I had Trugreen for years. Finally gave them the boot if they were charging me hundreds and hundreds of dollars for basically nothing. Maybe contact the Better Business Bureau or at least threaten them with it?
BBB filed today

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
ouch!
thats sucks, and very upsetting when you rely on big companies to do the right thing.
find a local landscaper that can renovate your lawn.
try getting your money back from Truebrownshit.
It's going to require a full till and removal of dead grass. Relevel, and new sod. I'm probably looking at $10k to complete.

I've started the dispute process with my credit card company, but I've put pause on that process while I see how this unfolds. I do not want to give any reason for TruGreen to have an out. So much of this could be avoided with a phone call back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Wow, that sucks. And they know it will cost more for you to take them to court than to just give up so they'll probably just string you along for good.

Sadly, I think you are out of luck on this one. Do you have a small claims court or something that you can represent yourself in and try to exact say $5K out of them?
You hit the nail on the head! That is exactly what I think is going on. I gave them a bit under $1k for a full year's service and they know it will cost well beyond that to resolve. Their bet is I'll fold and figure it out on my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
File a lawsuit and serve them. Bet they return your calls pretty quickly after that.....
I'm waiting on BBB response before I make my move, but if it comes to it, that is the best I can do. I have spent hours and hours trying to resolve this. Sleepless nights.
Appreciate 0