View Single Post
      06-13-2019, 01:57 PM   #31
BadContrakt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
As I have posted in other threads here, I deal with this quite a bit in the small town that I live in TN. It's one of the two. Some guy in a jacked up "Bro-Truck" with more lights than the driver has common sense that wants to race or someone in a P.O.S. jealous because your car is nicer than theirs. On a rare occasion you get some kid in a ricer who thinks his car is lambo and wants to drag race.

OP, to answer your question, it isn't a BMW thing. Happened in both of my BMW's, my Infiniti and both of my IS350's it's a jealousy/reverse jealousy thing in my opinion.

I've found that the best mentality to have is to try to stay out of the way of other drivers who "need" to be driving faster than you and remain emotionless about how they are driving. If everyone did this, driving would be so much more fun.

By the way, these speed limits you guys keep speaking of; are these posted on the fuzzy looking white signs with the blurry numbers I can never read?
I think your jealousy conclusion makes a lot of sense. Not just strict to the BMW logo but more-so just having a nice ride in general when they're in their beater.

If only those people knew how easy it is to actually drive something nice. Maybe people just assume to drive a Lexus or BMW you have to spend 30 grand and have good credit. It's just not the case. I know plenty of 400 score roaches that own BMWs.

I used to drive brand new cars and my wife and I decided to downsize. We sold that shit and sold a bunch of other shit. I bought her E46 cash for under 3 grand. Probably the best used vehicle purchase I've ever made. That thing is BULLET... PROOF... For real! Every time I get behind the wheel of her car I fall in love all over again.

And my car was 7k and I took out a loan for it with my wife as co-signer. Why? Because I wanted to keep my auto-history active. If we owned both of our cars I would think it would be slightly tougher to get something new in a few years when her E46 dies I reckon. I've got an 800 score and she has a 750 and after 6 years of minimum monthly payments (under 100 dollars) we will have paid 400 dollars in interest (2.75%). I think 400 dollars is well worth keeping my credit active. How awesome is that? I'll take these pre-owned BMWs any day over the 2017 Honda and 2017 Ford we both drove. 300 and 400 dollar payments. I'm over that. Much happier with this route (although her Civic got 42mph AVERAGE - over 60mpg at 45mph LMAO let's see her E46 do that)!

Last edited by BadContrakt; 06-13-2019 at 02:06 PM..
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00