04-01-2020, 08:31 AM   #799
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
Naw...too rich for my blood. Especially in addition to RGS and Humic. Honestly, I'll probably par back on those once my current stock is done. It adds up quick for large yards and I'm feeling that I'm better off getting down a more basic routine first.

I liked the local fert and it was organic and well priced. 22-0-2, 50lb bag for $28 and it's only a 5-min drive. I saw no tangible difference btwn it, Hyr-brix, and Carbon-X last year.

Soil temps are still a bit cool for me to throw anything down yet. I'm seeing a little bit of broadleaf pop up in some spots, though, so maybe I'll still do pre-emergent. 5-day average is about 45F.

I had less die off this winter since we had less snow but I'll run my electric dethatcher to help comb up the dead stuff up and fluff the grass a bit before putting anything down. It's only 14" wide so it may take a bit and a lot of extension cord but it's just walking in passes. It's light as hell so it doesn't add much effort.
I hear ya! Gonna keep it simple this year than. Probably back with Milo for my fertilizer apps this year with RGS/HUMIC12 every 2 months. For the broadleaf control I bought that weed puller last year and anything the pre emergent doesn't get I'll use that to pull them out. It's a pretty cool tool to use. Just place it right over it, step on the tool and it rips out the broadleaf including the roots. I'll probably detach in the summer.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
bosstones1154.00