View Single Post
      10-06-2021, 05:58 PM   #22
JBF650
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F13 LCI 650i Coupe

look i get it , it would annoy me too as I'm fussy. however its not actually that 'bad', you look for it cause you know its there, like a dent or a scratch we 'look and see it' doesn't mean its immediately visible to others. Its all been well said above, the labour costs alone to remove the dash would be $$$$ plus whatever is required to solve the shrinking and then the possibility of actually making the problem worse.... that's what would worry me more and it may actually make this small issue worse. At the risk of sounding like a home DIYer.... might i suggest some matt black leather cream to cover the pulled areas where you can see the 'lighter underside'. I had some small imperfections on my nappa leather door inserts where i suspect someone with rings used to pull the door. Using some matt black 'non shiny' (shoe leather crème yep shoe cream lol) fixed it and hid the marks. Now i know they are there cause i look but if you casually looked at the panel you wouldn't notice at all. Just a quick and easy suggestion to try first before going through all that other palaver.... it may disguise it enough that it doesn't bother you .... good luck
Appreciate 0