View Single Post
      08-18-2019, 11:57 AM   #43
ab022688
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 Competition Convt.

At this point I feel like it won't get me anywhere by pressing the dealership or BMW N.A. - so just to elaborate on that $20k bill - the original total was something around $40k -$45k for a new engine and install.

BMW N.A. is making the dealership give me parts (the engine) at cost which dropped the bill to $30k - then they were told to do the labor at wholesale rates which further dropped the bill to approx. $26,500 -

Then BMW N.A. is contributing goodwill of $6,500 - which leaves me with the $20k balance.

I priced out a few used engines and installs and the best I could come up with was somewhere between $12k to $15k - with no warranty.

I believe with BMW I get a 2 year warranty on the engine now - so it doesn't seem to be worth it to save $5k to go to a used one. I'd rather just get it done the right way from the gate.

Either way it sucks... for a car that was stock and had 0 issues and 35k on the clock for this to happen... just feels like a really unexpected punch to the gut... by a gorilla... but in the end I keep telling myself that it could have been worse and the bill could've been $40k - so I'll try and be grateful - pony up - and hope that I'll get some solace when the car is back in my hands in the end.

Moral of the story - Get a warranty - $5k could've saved me $20k right now - you live and you learn...

Appreciate 0