View Single Post
      08-06-2019, 01:01 PM   #32
ab022688
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 Competition Convt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Jeez. I've been fortunate with my 650s. Still own multiple without any major issues. Wonder if I should get a M6. Always wanted to try one but don't want headaches.
It's a hard call - I mentioned in an earlier post that I absolutely love the M6 - puts a smile on my face everytime I get in but after this I have a sour taste in my mouth - and with 35k on the clock and bone stock there's no reason why this should have happened in my book.

My previous car was a 335i with JB4 running half tank E85 that I got at 45k and got rid of it at 99k and the only thing that went on that was the water pump which was fully expected. That car was well beyond its normal stress limits and didn't let me down once.

As far as the M6 with the Comp. package I never once thought "I need more power" so I left it alone and then at 35k it blows a rod... just sucks honestly - If the car was tuned and tracked I'd completely understand and take the blame but I basically babied the M6 because I just genuinely enjoyed the car for what it was.

If you do plan on getting one - do not skip the warranty - hard lesson learned for me...
Appreciate 0