View Single Post
      07-09-2020, 09:59 PM   #26
c0bra
Commander ;)
United_States
Rep
Drives: E88 N54

Looks like you've been bitten by the watch bug, OP!

Seiko has a very rich history and is highly regarded in the world of horology. It's a true enthusiast's watch, and anyone that says they are junk have no clue. That would be like saying a 1er is junk bc it's a "cheap" BMW.

The Seiko 5 rebrand is pretty interesting, though not quite my style. I do have quite a few Seikos in the collection, ranging from the dressy SARB065 Cocktail Time, to the iconic Tuna, to the love it or hate it Gen2 Monster. My newest Seiko is the Save the Ocean Samurai which has been getting a lot of wrist time lately.

If you are into ultra affordable divers like the 5 line... Citizen was already mentioned. Also check out Orient, they have some nice styles with in-house movements. When you move up a step in price, Certina, Oris, and Tissot were all mentioned. You could look into micro brands like NTH and Steinhart, amazing quality for the price. The hobby can definitely get expensive real fast, and you will likely end up with too many watches and not enough wrist time! Your style will likely change over time too.

For straps, I recommend Clockwork Synergy and Holben's.

Good luck with the addiction!
Appreciate 1
FizzyElf133.00