View Single Post
      07-04-2022, 01:42 PM   #12
LJohnson32
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Interesting that this thread was reborn at this moment given that I have been encountering some odd behavior with my comfort access / CAS module:

• When approaching the passenger side of the car, my car repeatedly unlocks itself as if I am pressing the unlock button over and over on the remote, even though I'm not
  • Sometimes I will grab the driver's door handle and it will double beep as it normally does when it unlocks, however it will take another 5 seconds to actually unlock the door
  • When trying to start the vehicle, car will inform me that the fob is not detected but eventually will start after a few attempts
  • Upon starting, it will prompt me to replace the key fob battery
  • Occasionally, I will get an alert of increased battery discharge while stopped, leading me to believe something strange is going on where the CAS module is repeatedly looking for the fob signal well after I've left the vehicle, taxing the battery more than it should

I am going in for routine oil change tomorrow and will plan to mention this to my advisor, but hopefully I can pre-diagnose the issue a bit to avoid any excess expensive troubleshooting. I get the feeling the CAS may have some sort of permanent internal failure or something strange is happening with the antennae causing the passenger side repeated unlock behavior and battery drain