10-26-2020, 06:06 PM   #7
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mck444 View Post
Are the sports seats better than the seats we have? Their shape resembles more of an m3/4 seat that the M6 seat which looks more like ours.
I would say no...they are not "better"...just a different designed headrest & probably a bit more side bolster padding...and I believe they are capable of most (if not all) the "movements" that the multi-contour seats have. But I don't know if they have the extra options like the 2-way upper articulating back movement Ands omeone from the Euro market will have to chime in to educate us if the extra options like "active" seat and ventilation were available on the sport seats.

And like other BMW seats that have a similar design where the headrests don't appear to have a horizontal adjustment...they can be uncomfortable for some depending on their torso length, neck length, and where the upper part of their spine curves. If the seat does have the upper articulating back feature...if you move that part of the seat forward...it can move the headrest forward as well...which is what the OP of this thread seems to be trying to make compensation for.

Looking at the images below (from my pic stash) it doesn't look like the upper back articulates like the multi-contour seats...but it could just not be visible in the images:
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 10-26-2020 at 06:13 PM..
Appreciate 1
NDAzone13.50