View Single Post
      10-22-2020, 09:33 AM   #30
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
We have a decent size home and I'm torn when I look at the pros and cons.

Home: (Pre-Covid) we could never get projects completed because we traveled a lot and were rarely home. During Covid we're still gone a lot but it's on the river more. We say oh we're booked the next 2 weekends but the following we will stay home. Someone calls and then boom that third weekend that was to do house work is gone. I love having a pool in my backyard and we have 2 guest bedrooms and have friends come stay with us quite a bit. I don't love the upkeep of a house as my husband works a lot so I end up doing the random shit like cleaning the exterior windows, etc. I do a good inside cleaning every week but there are times where I feel like it's pointless because I'm cleaning clean areas.

Loft (if we lived in one): could walk to a lot of restaurants and bars (at least where ours are located). I love the look of exposed bricks, high ceilings, exposed air ducts, and tall windows. I wouldn't want a shared wall unless I could soundproof. I would miss having a pool in my backyard but having a community one would be a plus. It would be nice to come home and not worry about the list of things I need to do that's in the back of my head making me feel guilty while I try to relax.

I don't mind housework but it's the last thing I really want to do on my weekends off. Houses aren't constant maintenance but with how busy we are it's a nuisance. I think it boils down to your lifestyle and what fits best for y'all.
I can relate to the travel part of your post all too well. My ex works for Delta, so I was flying every where, even on just 3 day weekends. So I made very little progress on the house the past 2 years.

Personally, I only really go out for dinner and drinks with friends maybe once a week pre-COVID, so having stuff to do that is walkable distance was not a priority. While it's a lot of work, I like the idea that I can really grow into this house that I'm in now since it's more than big enough.

Also another thing to consider, if you have pets or plan on having pets, then a loft would be a pain IMO.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
baege1320.50