hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW iX Xdrive40 MSport

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewrench86 View Post
I just installed an andream unit to give wireless android auto and carplay. I only tested the android auto so far and it was working. Few things I need to fiddle around with as when I pressed the voice command button it loaded the bmw assistant but if I just gave the audible command hey Google it did its thing. I kinda want to be able to use the steering button instead of it always listening. Also the audio was OK 7/10 however when the Google assistant spoke it was a bit distorted like 4/10. May need to mess with some eq settings but I found this odd and there was no distortion when playing music at the same volume. I had literally 20 minute play with it so its only my initial thoughts but so far it seems OK. The image could have been more crisp. I'm using an pre lci nbt screen. But I reckon its a setting somewhere that may need changing as some pictures online seem to look less grainy than what I was getting.
Try pressing and holding the voice command button on the steering wheel. That will invoke google assistant.
Appreciate 0