View Single Post
      09-04-2018, 07:27 PM   #19
BadForYourHeart
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i Convertible 6sp

I have a 2012 650i with N63 engine and manual transmission. Purchased used with 38k miles, and now it has 58k miles. Has completed the recall steps at 29k prior to my ownership. I have aftermarket warranty in effect now (crossing fingers), other warranties are expired.

In the past 20k miles, I have completed the following non-maintenance items.
Oil - about 6 quarts of oil in total. Some months it would be 2 quarts, then I would go 5 months without any oil needed. I change the oil every 8k.

Coils- had one ignition coil fail at 49k. Indy repair shop diagnosed and recommended I replace the other 7 + spark plugs for $880. I did it myself in less than 1 hour for a cost < $300

CEL- Have had an intermittent CEL light for past 1000 miles that did not impact operation. Light would come on for a few minutes and is usually out within a few miles. OBDII reads says it is Bank 1 emissions related. Has popped up twice. Dropping at my indie shop this weekend to look closer.

Drivers Window - Drivers side window activates the anti pinch about 60% of the time when I am putting it up. So I have to roll up the window in 2 inch segments. It is annoying but I have gotten used to it. The issue existed since very early in my ownership.

So far so good. Hope I continue to be one of the lucky ones as I love this car.
Appreciate 0