View Single Post
      07-18-2018, 08:15 AM   #14
Jerinoid
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 530xiT Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8LIFE View Post
Thanks guys. So much helpful advice, I really appreciate. Seems like 2013 and 2014 owners have completely different experience. Maybe it all depends on luck?! Lol
I kind of knew this going in when I bought my 2013. It seemed like a roll of the dice on the "common" issues that carried over from the N63 (pre-2013) models. Mine was an early-build 2013, so maybe all the fixes weren't in yet. I think the oil consumption is a roll of the dice and somehow related to the break-in period seating of the valves and piston rings. I also have a 2010 Audi Turbo that had the same oil consumption levels in the first 30k miles, however Audi owned the problem. They pulled the engine and replaced the pistons at 34,000 miles under warranty. That car never used another drop of oil after that. The service tech said they were baffled by the problem because some cars did it, and others did not. Seems BMW would rather fight it's owners in court over the issue (I'm still getting solicitation letters from attorneys on this).
Appreciate 0