View Single Post
      07-26-2021, 08:12 AM   #1291
ramman434
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

The people I bought my house from installed a new AC unit in the laundry room, which started heavily sweating & kicking off since it was trying to cool down the entire garage, besides the house. Their solution: don't enclose the double-door entrance to the laundry, but create a large mud room 8' into the single car garage, that loses tons of air/energy. Also, in doing so, now making the garage small enough that a Miata can barely fit.
Time to take the garage back to make space for the F10. Still have to take down the rest of the wall. Have to Re-run electrical (as there are no outlets in the garage once wall is gone). Also have to run electrical to the garage door (currently mechanical) so I can get a motor put on and install wall sconces on the outside.
Then have to have the floor re-leveled with concrete. The geniuses that enclosed what was originally a carport sloped the floor inward, so I've had flooding issues on this plywood wall that I've just removed.

BEST PART - this entire project cost me $0.00 so far. I've re-used beams for door frame, re-used the door, and re-used insulation!!

**STUPID APP PUT ALL THE PICTURES OUT OF ORDER AND THERE'S NO WAY TO CORRECT IT**
Pic #4 - Looking into "mudroom" at the door to the garage that will be removed
Pic#3 - Looking from garage, through doorway, into mudroom/laundry
Pic#1 - Door removed & framing for laundry double doorway done
Pic#2 - Inside of laundry room to show the insulated new doorway
Pic#5 - New laundry room door all closed up - even re-using the drywall to frame around the door.
Attached Images

Last edited by ramman434; 07-26-2021 at 08:20 AM.. Reason: The app sucks for picture uploads
Appreciate 2
RickFLM410988.50
E91WAG3N1247.50