Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by curttp View Post
...there should be a timer to auto shut it down if running too long unattended
Interesting pickle you found yourself in...probaly just part of a "learning curve". . But the question to ask is...how does the car know when it is unattended but still running...and how would it differentiate when to cut off...or stay running in case the car needs to be running because the owner is coding control modules and powering down could corrupt modules...or if you're stuck in traffic during a blizzard or extremely hot day and you need the climate control system on to stay warm or cool?

Or maybe the engine did shut down during the time you were away...but was starting back up as the battery voltage dropped...but then turned off when it recharged itself etc. ... but it just so happened to be running when you came back?

From the owners manual below...gives info as to when the AS/S will not activate:
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0