Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrandt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolone2 View Post
Sorry, but the manufacturer retaining rights of access to amenities and function, like Tesla... A BIG NO! I buy it, I chose the options I PAY for, they're then mine! Want a Tesla, go buy one!
Sorry, I don't get what you're trying to argue here. You buy a car new, you choose the options you want and buy the car. You buy a car used, you're stuck with the options the previous owner chose.

Playing devil's advocate here: With this system, you can buy a car used, and choose which options you wanted to pay for (billed as 1 year, 3 years, or lifetime if the previous owner didn't). Just like you said when you "chose your options you PAY for".

For the record, I think subscriptions in an auto-space is a horrible idea. Just trying to encourage conversation about the other side.
I agree. I don't think the customer really loses out on anything. BMW benefits because they potentially collect a sale of an option multiple times if the car gets on the used market (assuming the option gets removed if an owner gets rid of the car).
Appreciate 0