View Single Post
      05-10-2021, 09:19 PM   #43
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy1616 View Post
I rented a stock Wrangler in CO recently and I have to, I was surprised how much I liked it.
It's a great daily, would definitely buy one again. When ~10% discounts are available on the 392 I will probably be back, not going to pay over sticker for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
oh man, that is too bad....I had great experience using him for our purchase. He was very responsive and up front about pricing...Best way to contact him was call or email... Yes, in order to get the huge discount they ask you to use their financing for at least six months, then you can go get your own financing. I got 4.5% rate with their financing which isn't great for excellent credit, but I can easily get like 2.2% from my credit union when I refi it.. Well worth it to me considering I was getting over 11% off MSRP ....That is part of how they are able to give such great deals by letting the banks kickback money subsidize it..I have no problem honoring that deal... I'm not sure how it works on lease deals tho???
I'm aware of the 6-month financing requirement to get the max discount. I specifically asked up front about not marking up the money factor (interest rate) on the lease. As an example, a money factor of .00203 is equivalent to 4.87% interest. A money factor of .00303 is equivalent to 7.27%. So when they said "a point" does that mean it's actually a 2.5% interest bump or the equivalent of 5.87%? Either way when you do that over a full 36-month lease it adds up real quick. At least with the financing you can just refi or pay off the loan. With a lease you're stuck paying it for the full term.

The pricing was the best I found so I put up with the slow responses but when they raised the price $1800 that kind of pissed me off since I could have locked the price had he responded faster. It is what it is, I'm over it and will be enjoying a great Macan GTS starting Saturday. Still love the Jeep though.
Appreciate 0