04-01-2021, 07:46 AM   #41
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
If that were the story, I'd agree, but that's not the story; rather the story came out, then the actual VW corp press office confirmed the story was true.

Nobody should lighten up about a publicly traded company's press office lying to the public & investors ... which is why the SEC could investigate for stock manipulation: The stock moved on news the publicly traded company confirmed. People may have lost money, potentially a lot. Not a "oh ha ha" thing, possibly (probably) illegal.

It's like if I worked for Fidelity, called you and told you your 401k balance was $0 - and then you called back and got someone else who said, yeah, you've got $0. Then tomorrow, "ha ha, it's not $0!". Would your feelings be hurt or would you be pissed you were lied to, especially about your investments by an institution?

Trying to make this similar to Fidelity calling you and telling you your 401k balance is 0 is a dumb analogy. They aren't even in the same.

I can't believe anyone was stupid enough to believe VW was changing their name just in the U.S. and as someone pointed out a quick investigation pointed out they hadn't registered the name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
well, yeah!

It ain't no joke when a publicly traded company falsely confirms news ... at that point it's stock manipulation.

Best Example:

later claimed to be a 4/20 weed joke ... but here's the thing: EVEN THEN, the $TLSA corp press office didn't confirm it!

like GEEZUS VW, that's so ridiculously stupid ...
Again, you must be able to come up with something closer. VW and a name change (stupid name, days before 4/1 and just in the U.S.) to Musk and trying to sell the company? Since the beginning of Tesla people have speculated that they will eventually be sold. The idea that he had a deal worked out was far from funny and investors who had to assume there was a chance it was real. Maybe try again as I think you are 0 for 2 on your analogies.