LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I see your points but I've seen far too often die-hard EV people allude to the smartphone transition or even horse buggy to automobile transition as a way to mock ICE fans. Not saying you are doing this but I find those analogies to be silly and dismissive.

I'm open to being convinced but I have yet to drive an EV that is more entertaining to drive than an ICE competitor. The Taycan is the EV world's best attempt yet but at a curb weight of 5100 lbs there's only so much it can defy physics. R&T did a comparison test between it and the 911 Turbo S and basically said the Taycan is good but isn't even in the same conversation as the 911.
I wasn't doing that. My point was more where each of these sit on the curve...

EV cars are like ICE cars of yesteryear. They are heavy and underdeveloped. They'll get lighter and more engaging to drive as the engineering and refinement improves.

That said, even a refined EV car of the future will drive differently then our currently refined ICE cars. Some parts of that will be better and some parts of it will be worse I'm sure.

Kind of like Android vs iOS I guess. They are both smartphones with unique benefits and problems that make them different. Not exactly better or worse. Different. In individual case they can stack up to better or worse though.
Appreciate 0