09-18-2020, 06:18 PM   #7
daniel650i
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 650i gc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
Good point. I had never thought of that oil getting down there. OP, the breather lines, which cross over the top of the engine, are probably the old style on your car because they are on mine, which is a 2015. They are plastic accordion hoses that look like the covering they put over wiring. They get brittle and crack. The new ones are heavy duty rubber. They are now under warranty for 10 years/100,000 miles. When Walt (above) posted about his, I checked mine and they were still ok. Now they are not.

So I think im replying to this post correctly? haha well I did what you said and took the plastic cover off and noticed this on the driver side. would you say this is the source of the leak? its just weird to me because if I remember correctly, the oil filter is located towards the passenger side of the car. But then again the skid plate was just saturated in oil on both passenger/driver side and when I took the skid plate/panel off, I noticed the leak was accumulating on the ground of the driver side.. Hmm, I have an appointment with BMW this upcoming Tuesday so I will mention this to them..
Attached Images

Last edited by daniel650i; 09-18-2020 at 06:33 PM..
Appreciate 0