View Single Post
      04-24-2021, 03:04 PM   #34
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
In the game, his 'laser eye' was augmented. Getting his biological laser eye...'treated to' as it was in the movie opens the door for that (maybe?)?

I was hoping for a little more Scorpion action, though. My wifey wasn't too familiar w/ Mortal Kombat before watching the movie. She now understands where I got the way I sometimes say "get over here" to our dogs while playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
I something about the director having more of a background in commercials vs movies. IMDB only lists 1 other movie to his credit so perhaps there was some learning curve in effect not to mention whatever cost/schedule was allotted. I would imagine the fight sequences to only get better. I love The Raid movies. Wasn't there supposed to be a 3rd?

Edit....from Variety (online):
"Though “Mortal Kombat” is McQuoid’s feature directorial debut, the Australian filmmaker cut his teeth shooting commercials for the likes of Apple, HBO, Netflix, Volkswagen, Mercedes and Samsung. He’s no stranger to the video game world either, having made cinematic shorts for Xbox, PlayStation and Activision for games like “Halo 3” and “Call of Duty.” "
Oh yah, I'm a major MK nerd so I'm already thinking about a lot of possibilities in the next movie to introduce new characters. Some of my predictions for the sequel, in addition to the living members at the end:

Kano: resurrected as revenant, possibly gains robotic eye due to losing his arcana eye
Mileena: resurrected as revenant
Kung Lao: ressurected as revenant, allied with Outworld
Johnny Cage: brought in w/ new marker as hinted by MK
Kuai Liang: descendent of Bi-Han, gains new marker after events of MK
Shao Khan: Brought in as the primary antagonist, Thanos style - relegates Shang Tsung to a secondary role
Kitana: Brought in thru Shao Khan, but allies with Earthrealm
Noob Saibot: Joe on for 4 movies so this one is obvious - I think they will make Noob way more relevant than he is in the game since Joe carried this movies fights and they built the universe around him
Cole Young: relegated to sideline role, ultimately forgotten about
Scorpion: I kind of hope they recast this somehow - I love Hiroyuki but he's too old, and not imposing enough IMO. Not a lot of imposing Asian actors in Hollywood at the moment

Yeah I never heard of the director before, overall I think he did alright - just thought the fights could have been a bit more intense/stylized. Maybe bring in Gareth Evans for the next one - if they can get Iko Uwais somehow (possibly as Kuai Liang), it would be insane chemistry with Joe. That would make the next one a low-key Raid reunion, but that's not a bad thing lol