View Single Post
      09-05-2021, 11:43 PM   #98
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I think this test drive day confirmed I want a smaller, lighter, less powerful car. The mustang is OUTSTAND theatre but if fooling about a bit, say to amuse the kids in the back, despite a 10 speed transmission if you tickle the throttle you go from 60 to 120 in the same gear, you don't even change up a gear. Now that's a compliment tot he magnificent mill but on the street, maybe less power at higher revs is what I am looking for.
That makes a little more sense to me, as opposed to what I thought I was reading in the other thread.

It's hard though...cars are not getting lighter. I doubt the new M2 will be lighter, maybe heavier, given the M240 x-drive is already over 3700.

Porsche Cayman should be high up on that list (in the quest to find a light-ish car) and IME, don't listen to what people say about the 718, it's a marvel of a machine and there's a reason it's always on top-10 sports-car lists. I regularly race against one (4cyl) and it is every bit as worthy as the previous generation. If for no other reason, just to experience the radical difference in dynamics, the steering, the difference in weight on the front, etc.