View Single Post
      09-03-2021, 09:17 AM   #95
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Thought I would add this here. Rented this yesterday, PP2 and optional active exhaust, i.e. how I would spec it.

I have rented mustang GT's before and again I am convinced the Coyote is brilliant, what an engine. It was hard to gauge the effectiveness of the PP2 package as I had the kids in the car and it's a rental so a bit...edgy... about dinging it. It is quite compliant though, more than I would have expected on some brutal roads.

In terms of the key question, could I DD this and save $4k a year on running a 3rd car? Initially I thought no, with 2 kids in the car, both behind me, it felt very cramped. Then I had a drive alone and I thought yeah, I could do this. The key issue is my eldest son, he will be old enough to ride n the front seat in 2 years so that would make things much, much easier (I can then push my seat back where I need it).

Despite the PP2 package, I feel the car's size and weight, especially the big engine over the front end. I can also confirm I have to go drop top, the kids had an amazing time n the back, they really, really enjoyed it. Change down a few gears and get off the throttle with the top down and it is ear to ear grins, or even yelling.

Biggest issue for me is the tranny, even in Sport+ and selecting gears myself, the delay in shifting is absolutely not good enough.
Appreciate 0