Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye944 View Post
So 2 questions

1> From what age is sex education appropriate
2> Is it the states responsibility

So I am all for "relationship" teaching, and also teaching regarding "inappropriate" touching/behavior.

It seems that the taking away of innocence ...

So my DD believes in Santa and the Tooth Fairy, but is also going through basic sex ed, on sperm ovum etc etc

As a Christian I teach my daughter (on our belief's) on morality, bible scripture the full 9, she also get's taught about respect, loving people, and everyone is different.

I was kinda hoping on doing the birds and the bees in and ongoing conversation as I thought appropriate for my daughter.

Sex ed is of course very important, I understand this, but how soon and how much is my concern,
If a young person asks a question about the birds and the bees a serious answer should be given vs changing the subject or avoiding the question. The fact the kid is asking means they are mature enough for the answers to their questions even if their parents are not. This is regardless of someone's beliefs.

The younger the child the more satisfied they will be with basic answers. The questions will grow as well as their expectation for more detailed answers. This will leave the window for discussion open and keep things from becoming awkward and your kids will grow up with what you'd expect, a hearty sex education.

The last thing anyone wants is their Kid to be unaware, or get the wrong idea about the topic from external sources.

You have a choice. Answer the questions or someone else will.
Appreciate 1
jaye9441012.00