View Single Post
      05-01-2018, 09:21 AM   #8
Rampant
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '18 SMB M3; '09 gen1.5 997 T

Garage List
There is no answer to "what age" for "sex" education, because all children mature at different rates and ages.
But I also question what is meant by "sex" education. I'd rather think that school teaches "reproduction" rather than proper "sex" (birds and bees) - which actually is good to be given by parent, but you also gotta know that at the age where "reproduction" is taught in school, most kids have got a fair understanding of what sex is just through peer chat and knowledge from the internets, TV, older friends, relatives and relatives of friends. The list is long and distinguished.

Regarding the State - Parenting is primarily the responsibility of parents, not the responsibility of wider society. No amount of impersonal State education can make up for a lack of personal parenting in the areas of personal responsibility and the like, and birds'n'bees is in that category.

I'm sure you'll have a better grasp of what the timing is for your own children and when the time is right, you'll have a good feeling for what to say to your own kids.

You'll do your best, I'm sure, it can't have been easy to put this on the forum, I salute you.

Cheerz

Mark H
jaye9441012.00