dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
HOA's are a double-edged sword.

It's nice to be able to prevent Cletus from permanently mounting his 1976 Bondo/Primered F-250 up on blocks in his front yard.

On the other hand-- most of the people in charge at the HOA are the EXACT people who should Never Ever have ANY power.

And most of them have never even read the HOA Covenants-- even though they're controlling things.

I've had my fair share of run-in's with them. I've always won, but it's a hassle nonetheless.

R.
Thats why if/when I ever move my next home will be on enough acres so I don't have to ever see or hear cletus. The upside of living here is that, at lest for the past 9 or so years, it has been very safe. I always see posts on Nextdoor and ring about people having shit stolen and car breakins etc. Never had any issues here, which is good when we leave for a few months at a time.

Condos are the WORST though. I would never do that again! At my moms condo I remember I went to one of the HOA meets per her request. The HOA people literally started yelling and screaming at the people attending the meeting basically ending the meeting halfway through and basically stating "fuck you guys, I'm going home!".
Appreciate 0