Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
Is your claim anecdotal or based on studies/surveys?

According to JD Power 2020 Dependability Study, Kia was rated #13 brand (tied with Hyundai) with 132 problems per 100; and Nissan was rated #16 with 136 problems per 100.

According to Consumer Reports, 2021 Reliability Report, Nissan was rated #13 brand with a reliability score of 51; and Kia was at #15 with score of 45.

So JD Power actually had Kia being slightly better while CR had Nissan slightly better. Either way these results show they are pretty close in reliability, which is consistent with my initial thoughts.
It's based on my experience in the car business. And even if they were the same quality, and they're not, but even if they were the public still expects to pay less for a Kia than a Nissan, so your resale will suffer.

Also, JD Power and Consumer Reports are complete trash. It's about like asking google what the best of anything is. If you're looking to them for advice you don't know anything about cars.

If you want to know about cars, ask the guys that sell cars, ask them about their used inventory, what they will keep and what they won't. Ask them what starts on a cold morning, and what doesn't. Ask them because they know, and they aren't being paid to feed you a line of bull.

My 2¢
Appreciate 0