View Single Post
      05-24-2020, 10:37 AM   #8
RagtagXMASTER
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipple View Post
I never switched to the redline 5w50 myself,I know the guy Troyup says its good ,but know else recommends it ,no other shops I found recommend it ,the bottle doesnt have the LL-01 that our engines need either,I stayed away ,Im sure it helps with heat but by how much? there is a lot of other moving parts in the engine that might need that slightly thinner oil to lubricate.

I contacted a guy that owns a shop in the UK and his M5 is at 1000hp stage 2 turbo upgrade and meth injection and full strengthened drive trane ,all stock internals I asked him what oil they use over there and they said 5W40.

If someone can prove a night and day oil analysis I might consider it.
For now I will stick with Molygen and change it more frequently 2-3k tops
I currently also run the LM molygen 5w-40. I have a few oil samples collected so far and once i do a report on redline i will post it. I believe it has to do with the sheer between the rod bearing and the crank, as well as the oil on the cylinder walls, the rest is fine.

as for the 1000 hp M5, are you talking about VT Tommy? It hard to come by a car like that.

As for the ratings most oil companies need to pay for those ratings, thats why LM is not an SN plus oil.

The only negative i see about the molygen is that it micro polishes surfaces. that sounds good but if it does what they say it does, that will smooth surfaces to the point oil will not latch on to lubricate.

Its a good topic and i think there should be more info out there. every little bit helps