View Single Post
      09-19-2015, 06:36 PM   #14
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
... Accelerating and flooring are two different things. Please enlighten me how taking off from a stoplight is different than taking off at the track? There is no difference.....it significantly stresses the axle of the car...
LOL... come on my friend. Looks like you have limited knowledge about engineering and cars ... and we are talking about BMW M6 the flagship of BMW M Division and not TOYOTA YARIS! I know this underrated car has actual over 600 HP and over 550 lb-ft torque and it is RWD and it has M DCT and Active M Differential and many thing else that if you want to know I can post hundreds of links to educate you so please don't tell us this car must be driven like grandma or must be babied at maximum 60 mph!!!! flooring and hard acceleration and many thing else are part of DNA of this car! If the flooring was prohibited or harmful then "Launch Control" was not available or could void the warranty and for your information there is no single document anywhere approved by BMW that Launch Control will void the warranty. If hard acceleration was harmful or could cause damage to the engine or DCT or Clutch, It must have been written somewhere with bold font to "AVOID HARD ACCELERATION" ... The reason they refer to void the warranty or not covered by warranty if you go to the track is not about acceleration. It's about over heating the engine (and other components) may cause damage or may decrease the life of drivetrain. Also since brakes (rotors and pads) and clutch are all covered by warranty as normal tear and wear, going to the track means you are doing abnormal wear and tear on brakes (and clutch)...

Page 138 of 2013 user's manual:

Notes
Racetrack operation leads to increased wear.
The vehicle is not designed for motorsports
competitive use. This wear is not covered by the
warranty.
The standard brake linings and the wear indicators
are not designed for racetrack operation.
For more information and advice, contact your
service center.
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 3
gab24m314.50