View Single Post
      09-19-2015, 05:53 PM   #10
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

Quote:
Originally Posted by emingabri View Post
You should not be on this forum, did you read ANY of my text? There is a big difference between accelerating at a green light and TRACKING a car my friend, if you don't know what the difference is, please delete your account.

I live in LA, a city known for having the worst streets, where in the world am I suppose to drive the car likes its on a track on the streets...without going to jail? I think you have mistaken me for a fool, sorry.
LOL, maybe you should delete your account as you are the one who just came on a public forum and said you floored the car from a stop light and it then broke after. Accelerating and flooring are two different things. Please enlighten me how taking off from a stoplight is different than taking off at the track? There is no difference.....it significantly stresses the axle of the car. The bigger issue here is how you have 2 posts on here and come post about how BMW won't warranty your axle because you basically acted like a clown at a light....yet somehow try to differentiate that from being at track by saying "I wasn't driving on a track." Hey, sorry it happened to your car.....but you don't do yourself any favors by coming on here and admitting you floored the car and generally drive it hard. They obviously looked at the computer and saw you drove the car hard (and likely illegally since you weren't at a track) and it's not in their interest to cover a warranty repair arising out of an illegal act. If you were driving normally....then absolutely, I'd be with you on this. Even if you drove the car hard in the past and then this just came up on a normal drive...you still would be fine. Hohttp://www.6post.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=18608647wever, you clearly stated this happened after flooring the car. What did you think they were going to say? I'm not telling you this because I dislike you. I'm telling you this because I am in the legal field and this is just common sense. I am telling you WHY they came to that conclusion and WHY that conclusion, although unsatisfying to you, has a solid basis.

Also, for the record, I do like the performance of the car....however, I also don't like to look like a clown flooring a RWD car with 560HP from a stop light and sitting there for 3 seconds because the car has no traction and isn't moving anyways. This car's strong point from a performance point of view is not using it like that.

Feel free to drive the car as hard as you want, but don't expect BMW to cover it when it breaks due to that (and certainly don't come on a public forum and admit you floored it and it broke right after). You can do searches on Vette, Benz, BMW, etc. forums and find lots of similar situations and the companies/warranties never cover this! Again, sounds like they looked at the computer and have a pretty good idea of what happened.
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i

Last edited by mjr24; 09-19-2015 at 06:08 PM..
Appreciate 1