Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBV1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
Can't offer what they cant sell. EPA approval pending for many of the new model years: www.fueleconomy.gov

Every new model year requires EPA certification. Usually completed in late July / early August. Just about right in time when cars land from Germany. Maybe COVID will slow down EPA approval.
That is not true though, as you can already order 2021 5 Series, as I have and so have others. So, that means you put the 2021 build on the website. Common sense, so obviously they are selling... This is 2020 and BMW needs to operate that way.

So, if people are buying off the lot, then most are probably not even using the build configurator, so that makes 0 sense. The order sheet does not do a good job showing the different options and colors of the car. I don't get why people are set in their ways and don't accept the fact we are in the modern, technology age and time for BMW USA to act like that. Cars on the lots for 5 Series are low end spec'd cars. Most people on the BMW forums don't get those and want to see the configurator and order.
Owners who peruse BMW forums account for a small segment of buyers. The vast majority of customers buy off dealer lots. The sure as shit aren't going to order.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0