alan7467
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Sketchers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mslam02 View Post
Other than those you mention, there is also the upcoming nissan Z: ~400hp twin turbo RWD + manual

And the Lotus Emira: >420hp mid-engine RWD manual (though likely pricey - seems it will compete in 718 and 911 price range) more details/proto-type reveal coming beginning of July

All mentioned are pretty much in the running for my next car. if the new M2 is anything like a combination of the drivers car/fun factor of the current gen, and the increased composure of the new m3/m4 (without gaining weight) they can take my money
The new Z does indeed look compelling. But call me spoiled, there is something unattractive about the idea of Nissan ownership experience. That company has a lot of shit to figure out. I actually view the BMW-ness of the Supra as a plus because I'd feel I'm essentially getting a BMW with possibly improved reliability.

Lotus is a fringe brand. It would take a real leap of faith to actually make such a purchase happen.
Agreed on Nissan ownership. Their cars strike me as poorly made relics. Hope they can turn it around though.

As far as the Supra goes, it being a BMW actually makes me nervous about the prospect of ownership. Mainly because Toyota dealers seem to have no idea how to work on them. There are plenty of stories of people being without their cars for days or weeks while Toyota goes back and forth with BMW trying to figure out how to work on a problem. It makes me feel like if I'm going down that route I might as well get an actual BMW so I can have a better service experience.