09-05-2021, 02:07 AM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkan View Post
It dips hence it is the first part in the list.

Many thanks!
The auto dip option code S430a is oft misunderstood & is not what most owners think it is.

The feature where the passenger mirror tilts downward when reverse is selected…is commonly misperceived to be the “auto-dip” feature…when it is actually the auto-tilt feature.

Auto-dip refers to the auto-dimming feature of the interior rear view mirror and exterior mirrors. Somehow the term “AUTO-DIP” has never been dropped from when the interior rear view mirrors actually “DIPPED” back in the late 1980s/early 1990s. This dipping mirror technology failed royally…but then the electro-chromatic mirror technology debuted and BMW took that path…but never dropped the “auto dip” nomenclature.

Click the following line and enter your 17 digit VIN…then answer the CAPTCHA question/puzzle correctly, then scroll down to see if you have option code 430. Make sure you use the site’s field boxes and NOT the spam advertising sites that sometimes populate the page asking you to type your VIN (for a fee). The actual site is FREE if you fill in their field box: https://bimmer.work/

More than likely you do have s430a because most 6 series imported to the US market have folding/EC side mirrors (auto dip)…thus has the extra little square mirror folding button which requires the extra hole in the trim panel…which Opie55 already mentioned.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 09-05-2021 at 02:33 AM..
Appreciate 0