View Single Post
      02-08-2024, 12:23 AM   #3
Nyge M
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F33

Used bimmerdoc. €70 and got full screen

So guys, I now have my beautiful f12 and used bimmerdoc to get full screen CarPlay.
Process is fairly straight forward, using telegram messenger, you pick what you need based on your current system and then pay the €70.

You then get a link to download the system installer and a code. Set this up on a windows pc, use a cable to connect car to you laptop and run the software, then out in the code and in no time at all you have it.
I could have done this via my bmw and had it sent to the car over the air, that would have set me back £300.
As a bonus, you also get the latest maps for the head unit sat nav. I had trouble downloading the maps to a usb, but with a few messages back and forth to bimmerdoc, I managed to get it to work and updated the maps using a usb stick.

If anyone needs any help on this process, feel free to drop me a line.

On my car, sadly this has had to go back to the dealer, I had wheel vibration at 60mph, got a diagnostic from a local garage and they discovered the back wheels to be in poos shape, front discs and pads need changing and the doughnut on the drive shaft is worn, which is a problem on lots of BMWs apparently. I should have it back in a week or so, and will add some pics.
Appreciate 0