View Single Post
      07-08-2023, 02:52 AM   #4
WadaPhaq
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelbourneFinn View Post
Haha, wrong forum if you are expecting someone to talk you out of the purchase 😂 This forum is full of M6 enthusiasts…

Find a reliable independent mechanic who can do a pre-purchase inspection. 5-8k miles ol change interval is a bit long to my liking, but not a show stopper as such, it depends how the car has been driven and where. If the appr. 1200 miles oil change has not been done, that would be a hard walk-away reason for me. Rod bearing issues were for the V10 engine, not so much for the S63… I think there are some resources like carfax (assuming you are in the US) that may also help.

What’s more or less given is that if anything fundamental breaks it will likely be expensive. A 70k miles high performance car is never going to be like what it comes to maintenance requirements, but not necessarily a massive problem. I have no idea what a market price for a 9 years old M6 should be in your area, but forget whether it’s under your budget or not, consider whether it’s priced to market, only after that whether it’s with budget. But these cars are easy to fall in love with, I had 2 F-series (2014 F13 and 2017 F06) and loved them to bits.

Good luck, and take a cold shower to reduce the M6 fewer so you can make as sensible as possible decision 🤣😇

Thank you for your kind reply! Can you specify the 1200 miles oil change part? I heard about the rod bearing issue from other bimmer drivers I know in real life with cars that also have s63 engines, they painted some pretty grime future about the engine.

I am buying from an internet-based dealer similar to Carmax so they offer 7 days/200 miles return for any reason. The people there told me to take the car to PPI after I purchased it, seems a bit shady but I guess with their bulletproof return policy it's not so bad... I also planning on doing an oil analysis if I get the car to see about the rod bearing and Malek from MRF quoted me 4985 for the rod bearing job.

You will be correct about the falling in love part! It's been days since I test-drove it and I still think about it when I drive my old beater, honestly seems like I'm in the later stages of the m6 fever lol.

welp budget-wise I have 40k otd as budget and the m6 is 37k. It's priced below other m6s and it's the only reason I'm hesitant about buying it, if not because of my last shred of self-control and some suspension about the low price, I would sign the deal right there after the test drive lol.
Appreciate 0