Rep
Drives: G12 750Li

Garage List
2017 BMW 750Li  [0.00]
2014 BMW 428i xdrive  [0.00]
2013 128i  [0.00]
F06 650 vs F32 440

Hey bmw friends,

I have come to a very interesting predicament of choosing a next car. I've been in love with my f32 428 since the day i bought it and am still in love with it today. The way it handles, sounds and overall daily drivability is just amazing after all the maintenance and mods I've done to the car. With that being said, I've finally been promoted in my job and am looking to upgrade in the next year.

I've always wanted an m4, but in the recent years I realized I'll never be able to take advantage of the performance of one, and am more interested in the luxury aspects anyways since i would mainly be street driving it.

In comes the 650: I test drove one today and can say that I wasn't in love with it. Granted, I don't think I was as in love with my car as I am today because I've done work on it since then, but this car in particular just didn't have that oomph, understandably since the 650 gc is more than 700 pounds heavier

However, the 6's fit and finish is a league above the 4, you can get bang and olufson sound system, it's much more common to get adaptive cruise, you can have massage seats, AND ventilated, which is impossible in our f32.

So that brings me to the predicament I'm in today. There are 4 main contenders: 2 650's and 2 440's. The first tier is at 35k and the second is at 40. Aside from price, I feel like I would be missing out on a lot in the 440 due to the reasons mentioned earlier. Of course you can get adaptive cruise but it's a very rare option in my research. At 40k, even more so, I feel like the 6 just gives more bang for the buck,

As for maintenance, I do all the work myself. I am a fairly experienced bmw diy'er at this point as I've worked on multiple, and are around them all the time for my job. Understandably the 650 is going to be more expensive, and I have taken that into consideration but is not a main concern, purely driving experience and livability.

At the end of the day, I value performance/handling the most, with luxury as a close second. I'd only be looking at a gran coupe for the 6 because at least the back seats are useful, but it's not a deal breaker. Does anyone have a similar experience in their car search?
-2000 E38 750iL "Stella"
Appreciate 0