View Single Post
      03-30-2023, 12:42 PM   #36
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
I'm 43, I didn't have an iphone, ipad, laptop, multiple high definition tv's, high speed internet in my home growing up. But if you want to debate that we grew up with the same screens and personalized content as our children today, go for it my friend.

Back to thread topic - Personally I hope to never fully retire, but keep working in a job I enjoy. But I have that luxury because I will be inheriting some wealth, not a lot, but enough to be comfortable.
I think it is very important to stay busy during retirement, and there are many ways to do this. For me, I manage a website for our RC club. Also, I still very much enjoy my hobby of building RC aircraft, flying them, modifying them, upgrading them, etc. About every 3 or 4 years, I treat myself to a new gaming computer - always build my own computers from components.

In addition to staying busy, I think it is equally important to allocate time and place for a bit of solitude. I have a favorite extra patio on a hillside and under our oak tree where I read, enjoy my kitty and views, plus soak up a little sunshine. Later, I take a dip in my spa, even if its raining. Good for the soul, good for the joints, plus enjoy the clouds, birds, yard.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser[/SIZE]
Appreciate 3
2000cs3531.50
sygazelle11529.00