View Single Post
      09-26-2022, 05:30 PM   #25
IsleOfMs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1 View Post

I absolutely hate drunk driving, even buzzed driving. And to hold anything auto at such a place is utterly stupid. I can't go to ANY local BMW meet because all of them are at bars.
Just curious why you feel so strongly about this. Before this escalates, I don’t even drink at all! So I’m not representing the drunk driving crowd. Just curious if you were directly impacted by drunk driving or if you adopted the black and white views of all the propaganda out there.

Again, for real, I don’t drink.

But it bugs me that each state can have a different limit. That proves there isn’t a known safe limit.

It also bugs me a passenger can’t have an open container. Pull the car over. If the driver blows a zero then there’s no harm. But that’s not the over zealous law.

What about a driver with a beer? Absolutely illegal but if that same driver had the single beer before getting in the car he’s under the limit and no problem.

It reminds me of the HS kids who got expelled for having Tylenol bc the school had a zero tolerance policy. Zero tolerance should mean “no warnings for having real illegal drugs” not losing your mind over an innocent kid with a headache.

It also reminds me of all the people who are aghast about drive thru liquor stores. You’ve heard the jokes. But liquor stores and bars are two different things. How do people get home with their alcohol purchases when they go inside to purchase? Why don’t people have an issue with liquor stores having parking lots?

All this to say, I’m all for prosecuting people who drive IMPAIRED but the whole “any alcohol is too much” belief is hysteria and doesn’t make anyone safer.
Appreciate 0