View Single Post
      07-20-2022, 03:06 PM   #53
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
OMFG, I was snooping about to see what else is out there about 3 years ago and my fucking god, the resume entry thing was absolutely INSANE.

There were jobs where I was a clear, black and white candidate that should be immediately contacted, my skill set and experience lined up perfectly. But FUCK me, trying to get past the resume bots was a) incredibly time consuming and b) incredibly difficult.
For the Amazon gig, they reached out to me same here at Oracle, so I didn't have to worry about that. Plus it's not that hard, you search the listing for buzzwords and add them to your resume. Like for me, if it's a requirement that I know how to use "Oxygen XML" and it doesn't see that on my resume, it doesn't move it on.

For me the irony with Citrix is their mission statement:

"Citrix workspace software delivers the business technology that creates a simple, secure and better way to work from anywhere and on any device."

Yet, we need you to take your resume and make a bunch of separate entries for all your previous work experience, education, skills, etc. Even though all that information IS ON MY DAMN RESUME!
Appreciate 0