Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Black Sapphire Z4MR

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011 Scion tC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theruleslawyer View Post
I think the IS500 is a fairly good deal price wise. Its just a very Lexus car. Sort of lazy transmission, auto only and a bit outdated feeling. I’m kinda left wonder who is this car is for.? Most of the Lexus crowd probably wouldn’t care if this were a turbo 6. Honestly a turbo 6 would give you a better performing car. So the audience probably really wants a v8.

Someone who really specifically wants a v8 probably isn’t going to be put off by dated tech, but they’re going to have more than a passing interest in performance. You can get a mustang mach 1 or a base ZL1 around the same price. Those are going to be much sharper cars even in auto.

I’d think most of the people moving from older german cars with an aversion to the newer turbos would be put off by the dated tech for a new car.

I think it’ll do fine. Its just a bit of an odd duckling.
You partially described the person most likely to buy it

-Those who wants a V8, but has to have 4 doors and be more anonymous and subtle. Mustang/Camaro will never have 4 doors, nor be subtle.
-Less Tech, those currently being put off by most other car manufacturers effort to cram more and more tech into their cars.
-A comfortable cruiser
-RWD
-Something a bit left-field from the standard European offerings
-Toyota/Lexus level of reliability and dealer service quality, myth or otherwise

Honestly, its a small market but most F Lexus cars is. I'd love to have it for the commute, but its way out of my price range.

I will return to the track, one day.
Appreciate 1
123i25.00