03-28-2022, 05:23 PM   #35
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Yeah I understand that a different setup greatly affects performance, but howcome they couldn't align those setups more the way they did in Bahrein?

It's pretty rare that from 1 team 1 car qualifies 6th and the other car 16th.
I think HAM also was totally off his (mental) pace, so I think there's also an issue to be solved there. (I imagine a better performing car will do a lot here but he's not his usual self)
And lastly of course the big repeating tactical errors (don't know if it's a coincidence it's both times with HAM). This race they missed a pit window, but last race they went on hards. I don't recall exactly, but had they even tested those hard tyres in FP?!?
Because no two drivers share the same driving style and liking. It's like asking why didn't albon just use max's setup.

This is why max qualified high up with the rb16 while albon could never get the setup right. I'm not comparing Lewis to albon, just making an analogy. In the case of Lewis he was probably searching for more performance and eventually it bit him, this will probably not happen again because he likely will just have to accept a compromised setup to avoid changing things so much that he ran out of time to refine.

In terms of the pit window I guess it was confusing because Ric was parked right in front of the pit entrance and Hamilton probably didn't want to risk getting a penalty like last time when he boxed when a car covered the pit entrance. In terms of the hard tires, they performed no so good because the tire blankets are set to a lower temp this year so it takes time for the hard tires to get up to temp and that's why they looked like crap out of the pits.